Hope everyone had a Jolly good Christmas! I know I did, or at least I think I did. Although I must admit the turkey we had was well… quite a disappointment. But of course, the company was exceptional!
After Christmas, everyone’s gonna look forward to the fireworks on New Year’s eve and around this time every year, I’ll end up doing a yearly recap. It’s like a ritual or maybe I chore. I can’t figure it out yet (ala my life).
For me, 2014 flew by with the speed of light. I still remember my first day at my current job, where someone said I looked like a teacher (ish), and in a blink of an eye New Year’s eve is around the corner!
Alas, lets cut the monologue and get straight to the point shall we? Based on what I blogged this year, doesn’t look like I have much to recap on. Hahaha but I’ll try nonetheless (warning: the post will be filled with rather mundane events, which sort of equates my life. Somewhat.).
A new job! Boy was I excited back then, I always dreamt of doing this and then I got thrown into the deep end albeit with a life preserver. Thankfully I didn’t drown and am still alive and kicking. Although I’m thinking “is this the career path for me?”
I scratched my poor car in a shopping mall’s parking lot! Part of the metal came off too! My worst “accident” to date. A few days before this happened, I hit my neighbours tiny tree too. Sigh…. This was the beginning of a string of bad luck that would befall my poor car and it’s nearly penniless owner 😮
- My car was innocently involved in a hit and run at the car park near my office. 😦
- Bright side of March was I got my Chartered Accountancy certificate! But I’ll lose it soon in the next “event” cause my house caught fire 😮 Smog engulfed the interior of my home! Waking up to thick black smoke in the middle of the night has got to be the most traumatic experience of all 27+ years of my life thus far. 😮
I obtained a basic wall course certificate from camp5! Now I can belay people! If I still can remember how.
Met someone but nothing happened. Doubt anything would have happened either. Hmmm…
- Had a wonderful short “makan” trip to Ipoh and actually had a photo with Ernest Zacharevic! I like his murals.
- Visited the “Great Singapore Garden” (Gardens by the Bay) over the weekend. I must say it’s rather impressive.
Marina Bay Sands from the Marina Barrage
- My car got hit in the rear at an almost stand still while I was happily heading to work. Sigh… The weirdest thing was the other driver had the same birthday as me (but a different year)! How odd is that?
- June was also the only time I tossed a frisbee in 2014, which is plain sad.
I miss this. I wonder if I still can throw though. Hmm…
- The coffeeholic got married! Oh gosh! Now I feel so old!
- Had my first beginner korean class. How exciting! Say “aye!” to lifelong learning!
- Finally climbed Broga Hill. It was a relatively easily climb and had lots of people. U probably can’t get a nice spot to view the sun rise if you reached late. However, we didn’t get a good view of the sunrise anyway.
This was one of the later shots of the sunrise as we were heading down. Looks like a sunset though.
- Went to Langkawi to enjoy sunsets everyday. How romantic…. but I went with a female friend. 😮
Sunset view at Pantai Tengah
C.N. Blue “Can’t Stop” tour! Had to sit on cement which was a pain in the butt. The band looked good 🙂 But they would have looked better if they combed their hair a bit more. :p But who cares? It’s Yonghwa and Jonghyun. 😀 Jungshin was the star of the night though.
All 4 of them, with a weird zoomed up angle of Yonghwa.
and of course… Color Run (the most syok sendiri run ever)!
Can just see the color of our hands to imagine what we looked like after the run. Mine is the one with the “tattoo”.
Lets just say removing the color was kind of difficult.
De Quarvain is officially back. 😦
Ran 10km in my first night run in Putrajaya. For me, running in Putrajaya is rather dull; highways all the way. I shall swap back to Standard Chartered in 2015. My time became worst but it’s a miracle I even finished considering I kept thinking “this is gonna be my last 10km ever”. Lots of willpower involved here. Funny thing in this run, there was actually a lion (from lion dances) decked out in neon lights encouraging the runners. Rather peculiar sight.
10km Finisher’s Medal for BSN Putrajaya Night Run 2014
Another thing in October, I actually went for coffee with someone from tinder 😮 Upon hindsight it was kinda dangerous. Yipes.
- Re-visited Penang and Cameron Highlands with my family. Camerons was surprisingly cold. Must have been all that rain.
- Re-visited Bangkok purely for shopping this time but we did take half a day to visit Chocolate Ville, which surprisingly does not sell chocolates. Spent 3 days mostly on shopping. Shopping day 1, Terminal 21. Shopping day 2, Platinum Mall. Shopping day 3, Chatuchak Market. Still, there wasn’t enough time in Platinum and Chatuchak. Didn’t quite fit some of my purchases either. May return to BKK sooner than I think.
Got a new laptop which I’m using to type this up now. So far, I need to get used to Windows 8.1. It definitely would work better with a touch screen device, alas I’m too poor to afford that.
And… that’s the end of my recap! Looks like the year didn’t start very well and it became better and more hectic towards the middle and ended with a nice wind down. Ahhh…. Toast to a fairly good year. *cling**cling*
Differences in 2014 vs 2013
- Read more books this year (think I read 10 books this year compared to 2/3 in the year before that)
- I actually accomplished one of my targets to learn a new language (I guess being able to read is considered learning a new language)
- Had more free time on my hands but it doesn’t look like I know what to do with it
- Almost went to the gym every week which I suppose is pretty good but it doesn’t look like I’m improving. ooops
- Volunteered at a soup kitchen! But I forgot which month that was.
Time to create some resolutions for 2015. I realised I didn’t make any in 2014, it’s alright I normally don’t keep track anyway.
- Continue going to the gym. Maybe do more cardio?
- Volunteer more
- Less procrastination and lazing around
- Live in the moment
- Let what happened in 2014 stay in 2014, 2015 is a brand new year!
My resolutions don’t quite work though cause it’s so vague. How am I supposed to measure “live in the moment”? I’ve a slightly more long term target of things that I want to do before I turn 30 though, which actually makes more sense. It’s a short list.
1. Travel alone
2. Volunteer (frequently)
3. Figure out what I want to do in life
#1 & #2 seem rather straight forward but #3 mmm….
Hopefully I get to meet my targets and hope all of you would be able to meet your resolutions too! 🙂
Thank you very much 2014, you have been good but I’m going to look forward to 2015 now and hopefully it’ll be a much better year. 🙂